Thursday, June 29, 2006

My poor boys

Dude, vaccines totally suck. It's a catch 22. They protect you from same crazy illnesses, but the trauma of shots sucks. It totally sucks. Both of my boys got vaccines today. And not just one or two. Wesley had four and Ethan had three. I had to hold them and listen to each of them scream each time they were poked. poor things :( I wanted to cry with them. I did a little.

So since I've gotten a little crunchy (as Em says) I've been exposed to all sorts of craziness. There's a whole school of thought that says that our children are safer without vaccines. So I started reading and there's some freaky stories out there to make you think so. There's stuff that links vaccines with autism, deafness, diabetes and penile shrinkage. ok. I made that last part up but I wouldn't be surprised if that was next.

Through my research, and talking to my pediatrician, I feel a little more at peace with their shots. There is less harm from their vaccines than the chance of them getting one of the illnesses that they should have been vaccinated for. Chris says that these people are emotionally driven. And who can blame them? He wasn't there holding his crying, scared child. He's scared to death of needles. I wonder why.

Anyway, by the end of the day they're fine. We all took much needed naps this afternoon and hung out at home the rest of the day. A dinner of French toast and sausages made it a little better.

poor boys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those precious angels. That was hard. I hope they feel ok the next couple days,GiGi

Emily said...

Well I'm glad that's over and done with. I bet that was so hard for you to go through. You're one strong mama though, and I'm sure your warmth and comfort was the true thing that made your boys feel better. I can just picture you toting around the boys. The three of y'all are sure to be the cutest group in Houston.

On a not so much lighter note, I'm missing you like crazy today. I won't go into it on a blog comment. Then again...I would but I just can't think about it. Love love love you.